Education plays the central role in escaping generational poverty. It’s been estimated that for every year a child stays in school, their future earning potential increases by 10-20 percent. Unfortunately, many families in poverty consider education a luxury and even those who value it can find it difficult to afford.
How We Help Fight Poverty with Education
All areas that HMTF serves has unique needs, and HMTF encourages and sustains the academic progression of children from early education programs through secondary school and beyond. HMTF provides educational support through its scholarship fund. We are seeking sponsors to sponsor a child or family with a financial donation which will provide them with a scholarship that helps with the cost of:
- Uniforms: clothing, backpacks and shoes
- Supplies: textbooks, calculators, notebooks, pencils and pens
- Financial support: school fees and transportation costs
- Libraries: study areas and reading materials for all ages
- Study aids: tutoring, educational workshops
- Computer centers: free Internet access, basic computing courses and tutoring services
- Community literacy: books for classrooms and libraries, mobile libraries and reading tents.
Please click HERE to donate!
Click HMTF-Scholarship-Application to download a scholarship application (PDF)